Sunday, September 27, 2009

Published: Tip # 9--Writing Your Book Proposal


If your book is a memoir or some other non-fiction, an agent or publisher will require you to submit a book proposal. I found writing my book proposal more work than writing my memoir, Anything But a Dog! I needed to be very specific about how many households had dogs, who would promote my book, what exactly I was prepared to do to market the book and include a detailed summary of each chapter. I found some help in books on how to write a proposal, but ultimately it was when an agent sent me an actual book proposal that I was able to write an effective one myself.

My publisher, Unlimited Publishing LLC, has given me permission to share my book proposal, which I have done so on this link: http://authorlisasaunders.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-publish-memoirnon-fiction-book.html
Cover design by Mary Kramer (MilkweedGraphics.com), Copyright (c) 2008 by Unlimited Publishing LLC, used by permission.

No comments: