Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Famous: Tip #1--Online Videos

Today I'm giving you a tip on getting "famous." What I'm really talking about is how to get you or your idea known--accumulating an audience. Getting "famous" helps you get published and gets your published works read.

If you really came to this site to learn how to get thin, I'm sorry, my only advice on that is to wear a girdle. Being a full-time writer by day and a freelance writer by night, plus being a little lazy, provides me with ample excuses to avoid fat-burning activities. But if you want to send in a no sugar/flour/low-fat recipe, I'd love to post it (please, easy stuff only--canned and frozen ingredients most welcome)!

Today's official "famous" tip, submitted by Sarah Bolme, relates to someone who already has a book to promote. But, it's a great idea even if you are still just trying to gather an audience: Post a fun video or give a free "how to" tip (mine that follows was posted on Youtube). If your video is entertaining or helpful, people will forward it to their friends and so on. In the following video of myself, I'm simply introducing and reading a short excerpt of my latest book, Anything But a Dog! The perfect pet for a girl with congenital CMV, but I could have been doing anything to gain an audience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIDJZkVYhnc


Famous: Tip #1
"More people are now watching videos online than are social networking, making short promotional book videos an essential ingredient in an effective online book marketing campaign. There are dozens of websites to post your promotional book video for free including http://bookscreening.com/ and http://www.christianbookvideos.com/." Sarah Bolme, author of Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace available at http://www.marketingchristianbooks.com/

P.S. If you would like to submit a tip, please follow Sarah's format above.
P.S.S. If you ever see a typo, please tell me--I don't want any Oprah people to discredit my work in trying to raise congenital CMV awareness!

Thanks!
Lisa

1 comment:

Bern said...

Mexican Soup (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)
4-6 servings
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (Rotel)
¾- 1 pound of frozen cooked grilled chicken (you could shred a deli roasted chicken about 2–3 cups total)
Put everything into a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until frozen chicken is heated through. You can top with shredded no-fat cheddar cheese.
Yummy!
Bernie