Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thin: Tip #1--Low-Carb Easy Dinner

I'm writing about getting "thin" today because of all the controversy that topic is causing on my discussion boards. If you could care less about today's topic and just want to get published, then go directly to my free e-book listed on the right, download it, and come back another day to read the advice that I will be posting from others (but do take a peek at earlier blog posts that have publishing/publicity tips not in my e-book).

Now, the "thin" controversy:

People who only know me from the stretched length-wise photo of myself that I post everywhere, probably assume I'm thin and want everyone to join me in some sort of skinny eating disorder. But in fact, I was a chubby kid who grew up to be a chubby adult. Even my parents were plump--that is until a few years ago when they began a low-carb diet to battle certain health problems. Now they're actually thin--and healthy! So, in an effort to squeeze into my skinny jeans, or at least avoid the world of morbid obesity, which is a possibility for someone like me who loves cookies and writing all day, I'd be happy to try any low-carb/low-fat recipe you submit. If it's easy enough for a lazy cook like me to make, I'll share it in this blog.

Thin: Tip # 1

I've tried the following VERY EASY recipe submitted by Bernie and I almost felt guilty when my husband raved about much he appreciated me taking the time to make such a great meal:

Mexican Soup (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
4-6 servings
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (Rotel)
¾- 1 pound of frozen cooked grilled chicken (you could shred a deli roasted chicken about 2–3 cups total)
Put everything into a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until frozen chicken is heated through. You can top with shredded no-fat cheddar cheese.
Yummy!
Bernie

P.S. If you catch a typo or have a tip or comment to share, please post as a "comment" below.
Thanks!
Lisa

No comments: