Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Networking to Get Published/Get a Job

I haven't been posting lately because I've been busy networking--telling everyone I know that my husband and his entire department are being laid off. While my husband is busy e-mailing his colleagues from over the years, I'm busy posting his resume on my Web site, resume sites and asking everyone I know that if they know anyone in the pharmaceutical industry, to please let us know. I've been surprised by some of the contacts that some of my friends have. This is also a great way to get published. Tell everyone you know that you have a story about "x,y,z" and that you'd like to know of any Web sites, magazines, newspapers, etc., that might be interested. You'll be surprised by the responses you'll get. That is how I got my first couple of stories published.

No comments: